Our manual is in a Git repository. This can be used to generate both the website and a PDF.
This should be a master task to collect ideas and give an overview. For the different steps and final ideas, subtasks should be created with the detailed descriptions and actions.
A rough workflow:
- A Jenkins job is started automatically every night/week/month/release or triggered by a member e.g. @lynorian
- The Jenkins job starts a minimal Linux with the required tools installed as a building environment
- The latest commits are pulled into the building environment
- A PDF is built directly from source by branch/version in the building environment
- If the PDF is built successfully, deploy the PDF on the website, so that users can download it for offline use.
- Setting up a Jenkins job (or systemd or ...)
- Check the PDF output and tweak it (CSS?)
- Set up deployment
- Define the interval of the creation