- We're seeding GTK packages. Need to figure out why.
- There are likely additional packages we need to support different devices. @guiverc has a tablet with a Wacom pen he struggled to get working.
- We need to get rid of fcitx-ui-qimpanel. Mint did. There are several reasons:
- It doesn't seem necessary. The classic ui is installed (and maybe it would be better to use the light one) and it doesn't have unnecessary GTK depends.
- The only skins exposed are very Ubuntu-specific, design-wise.
- The desktop entry for the configtool has several issues:
- The comment is very Kylin/Chinese-specific ("fcitx皮肤配置向导-UbuntuKylin")
- The category is "Utility" (read: "Accessories") rather than "System"
- The categories include GNOME;GTK but should be QT
- We need to check language support. At the minimum we lack Korean support. Perhaps it would be best if we just added all the language-specific input methods. Or maybe, alternately, add everything that's not GTK. One user suggested these options:
- Korean: fcitx-hangul
- Chinese: fcitx-pinyin
- Japanese: fcitx-mozc
- Thai: fcitx-thai
- Telugu: fcitx-telugu
- Vietnamese: fcitx-unikey