We're seeding GTK packages. Need to figure out why. (Well, some are Firefox; hoping to see a switch to Falkon soon, or at least 20.10).(this is ultimately unrelated to this task and there are other tasks for it) There are likely additional packages we need to support different devices. @guiverc has a tablet with a Wacom pen he struggled to get working.(looks like disaster averted; see below)
- We need to get rid of fcitx-ui-qimpanel. Mint did. There are several reasons:
- It doesn't seem necessary. The classic ui is installed (and maybe it would be better to use the light one) and it doesn't have unnecessary GTK depends.
- The only skins exposed are very Ubuntu-specific, design-wise.
- The desktop entry for the configtool has several issues:
- The comment is very Kylin/Chinese-specific ("fcitx皮肤配置向导-UbuntuKylin")
- The category is "Utility" (read: "Accessories") rather than "System"
- The categories include GNOME;GTK but should be QT
We need to check language support.(moved to T113)
I just had a really good QA-test using 19.10 daily.
(following bits copied from my comments on test)
motion computing j3400 (c2d-u9400, 4gb, intel mobile 4 series)
using only wacom pen [& buttons] on device
enable fcitx using wacom-pen, toggle onscreen keyboard
connect hidden wifi (2.4ghz hidden wpa2);
I marked https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fcitx/+bug/1817978 as FIX RELEASED due to this test. The onscreen keyboard is small but perfectly workable.
I didn't actually use device buttons; only pen & it's button