While I can't dedicate a lot of time, I don't mind assisting creating a framework that aligns with the goals and values of lubuntu team and assist with jump starting a team that can assist Simon with marketing.
- A person for the Website (esp. blog)
- A person for Mailing List (email marketing)
- A person for Social Media Management
- (with sub-divisions of individual platforms, e.g. twitter/youtube/linkedin etc
While it is easy to be "community facing" in the area of marketing, a special value that is almost always under utilized in FOSS projects is leveraging marketing efforts towards special targeting recruiting devs and other tracks for onboarding (e.g. graphic design, testing, etc).
- Informal call for those interested in marketing
- Creating a email sign up form on home page to take in fans of the project (this will be a pool of potential volunteers down the road).
- Pick tools that make this work easy for volunteers and collaboration (e.g. email marketing tool like mailchimp or odoo).