Created a bug with the problmes I have seen https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/1841331
I think is a problems of which starts/end to load first after the XDG change in lxqt-globalkeys.
Anyone who tests this, should see that the shortcuts mentioned in P38 should be working.
The issue is not fully solved even after using files from D34. Will have to dig up more.
Fri, Aug 23
Just to put this out there, the Debian packaging is super behind (Standards-Version 3.9.7, debhelper 9) so the maintainer hasn't really been maintaining it. There's a FTCBFS with a patch from 2017 that hasn't been touched. There's also been some discussion about using the new fork with some options mentioned.
Thu, Aug 22
Don't SRU. Let's close it.
+1 on that approach @wxl, let's do it.
@tsimonq2 looks like waiting on upstream might take a long while. Maybe we should just implement this (as individual patches) and drop patches as needed as upstream makes developments?
So here's what we should probably have as required information for testing results:
- from lspci -nnk
- PCI ID of graphics card
- name of graphics card
- kernel module being used
- with ps -o rss -C compton | numfmt --header --field=1 --to=iec --padding=5, run under the same conditions and after the same amount of time elapsed since starting compton
- with old compton
- with new (PPA) compton
- The tests should be run under the following conditions
- with several windows open
- the same configuration, preferably with lots of opacity and transparency and shadows
- additional checks
- try youtube videos in full screen
- anything else graphic intensive: games, etc.