Hey @tsimonq2 I will go ahead with this if you are okay with it?
Sun, Apr 5
Feb 26 2020
We have it in place. Only that grub isn't detecting it by default. Need to dig up the grub manual. We might need to change some stuff in cala settings or in the artwork depending on how grub works.
Feb 22 2020
Run wrap and sort
Updated rules and control to match debian
Feb 15 2020
Feb 14 2020
Feb 13 2020
Feb 12 2020
Feb 11 2020
Feb 9 2020
Feb 7 2020
Jan 31 2020
I cannot comment much on the validity of depends/patches etc, but the following things occur to me.
- debian added debian/upstream/metadata which you have not merged. Why? If you intended to exclude it, this is not mentioned in the changelog.
- you have not merged the change to depending on debhelper-compat (= 12) and corresponding removal of debian/compat. Again why, and why not mentioned?
- you have not merged some minor changes to debian/copyright which look like they should have been.
Jan 30 2020
Jan 29 2020
Jan 27 2020
- A nice improvement would be a way to better keep Phab and the archive synced. At the very least, a notification system.
- A really nice improvement would be a notification system about failed merges.
A debdiff between previous and next ubuntu versions is also pretty helpful. Can be used once you build with merge-scripts. Just used that with D73.
Jan 24 2020
Jan 14 2020
@apt-ghetto The new login button actually helps in switching users
Useful in our case as we don't have anything like gdm or kde's lock screen. Sddm currently lacks the ability to switch users.
Jan 11 2020
Jan 10 2020
Updated version number
Removed unnecessary (extra) translations from debian folder.
Jan 9 2020
Thanks @guiverc for testing, closing this task now.
Jan 6 2020
Clone the master. Create a patch from the PR. Apply it and then build and install from it.
Jan 4 2020
Having the option to enable it in the "Welcome Center" won't be any different from the experience that is provided now. The user will still have to logout/login for the menu etc. to work properly.
From what I can tell ~50M doesn't seem like much to worry about to have such a poor user experience when Snaps are becoming increasingly common:
Bruv 50MB is a considerable amount as compared to our current usage. (>= 10%) I'd say we give the users an option to enable snaps using the "Welcome Center" and let them know that it will cost approx 50MB.
Jan 3 2020
Dec 29 2019
Dec 25 2019
Dec 24 2019
Will do again as per @rikmills 's comment
Dec 23 2019
Dec 20 2019
Dec 19 2019
Dec 6 2019
Dec 2 2019
Someone GTM Thanks!
Nov 30 2019
Nov 25 2019
I thinks that this from bugie is a little overwhelming
Nov 22 2019
Just tested on a clean installation in a vm. I forgot to add xfonts-efont-unicode to rSEED and meta. Someone who is free please do this. I won't be able to do it anytime soon.