Purpose of this document
As a supplement to the [Packaging Tutorial](https://phab.lubuntu.me/w/packaging/packagingtutorial/), this is a great solution if you'd like people to test a change before you get it uploaded.
* `gpg` setup from [packaging requirements](https://phab.lubuntu.me/w/packaging/packaging-requirements/).
* [Add your key to Launchpad](https://launchpad.net/~/+editsshkeys)
* [Create your PPA](https://launchpad.net/~/+activate-ppa)
1. Start in the folder containing your debian folder of whatever package you're working on
1. Get the source:
1. `uscan --download-current-version`
1. `tar -x --strip-components=1 -f ../PACKAGE_*.orig.tar.xz`
1. `dch -i` a new changelog entry and make sure the version number ends with `ppa#` where `#` is some number. This will make the package essentially a higher version than those in the repos.
1. Build the source: `debuild -S -d`
1. Upload it to Launchpad: `dput ppa:`//**your-launchpad-id**//`/`//**your-ppa-name**//` ../PACKAGE_*source.changes`
You should immediately get an accepted message by email. Then it starts building. This can take a while. Be patient…