This is a TODO list for the release process. Anyone can follow it, although it is mostly done by the Release Manager. These events are listed in chronological order.
10 days before release:
- Create a draft release announcement on notes.lubuntu.me
- Contact testers to get an initial round of smoke testing and bugs, so release critical (RC) bugs can be properly raised to the Ubuntu Release Team
- Set forward which changes need to go in before the release, and which ones can wait
- Convert the draft announcement to HTML, remove any editors notes, and reread one more time.
- Edit the Downloads page.
- Publish the announcement on the blog (be careful to look at the slug and follow the scheme).
- Post link to:
- Twitter (which publishes to Mastodon)
- Facebook page
- Subreddit (sticky post and distinguish as mod)
- lubuntu-devel and lubuntu-users mailing list
- Telegram announcements channel
- Forum announcements category