Lubuntu 18.04.6 not available

Hello,

Since many years I had Lubuntu 18.04.6 and I found it the best operating system for my needs.
Now I don’t find it anymore to download. Why 18.04.6 is not available to download? I only find 18.04.5. What is the difference between the two? Shall I go with 18.04.5 instead of 18.04.6?

Thank you!

Only the main Ubuntu had 18.04.6. Flavours did not because they had reached end of flavour support.

1 Like

You can see currently supported releases, as well as the support length for various releases on the downloads page.

2 Likes

There was no flavor release of Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS; never was.

Lubuntu like all flavors of Ubuntu Desktop came with three years of support; which ended 28 April 2021 as per our notice - https://lubuntu.me/bionic-eol/

Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS was released after that date, on 17 September 2021, and it clearly states in release announcements (Ubuntu Fridge | Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS released)

Unlike previous point releases, 18.04.6 is a refresh of the amd64 and arm64 installer media after the key revocation related to the BootHole vulnerability, re-enabling their usage on Secure Boot enabled systems. More detailed information can be found here:

Maintenance updates will be provided for 5 years for Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Cloud, and Ubuntu Base.

You’ll note NO flavor is mentioned, as they were all EOL at that release, and thus no ISOs were created, QA tested or released.

Either way we don’t support releases older than Lubuntu 22.04 LTS currently.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.