Lubuntu Problem (DELL 3180 CHROMEBOOK)

Hi!

I’m having trouble with the sound :frowning:

When I listen to music from youtube, after a short time there is a long “howling”, it can also be called beeping ?

when I close the browser “this sound” goes away, the same thing happens in games (SuperTux)

VIDEO LINK : Watch VID20240318192924 | Streamable

It works like this on two versions that I can download from the official Lubuntu website :frowning:

First things first: are you sure the sound works at all in any OS?

I don’t really understand what you’re asking. the sound works but what I just posted happens. lubuntu 22/04 and 23/10

Also, is this a Bay/Cherrytrail notebook? If you do, then do:

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/sof.conf

then add:

options snd_sof sof_debug=1

Then reboot and see if there are any changes.

1 Like

Normal chromebook. But i try your commands

I would call what you sent as a clear sign of the sound not working as intended. What I’m asking is there any OS that the sound works as expected in?

chrome OS lol :smile: its working ahahhaha

bro thx :))) After applying what you sent, this problem no longer occurs! <3

I noticed that still in lubuntu on the sound mixer changes my volume to 82% is there any command to set the volume to 100% all the time ?

You mean it changes on reboot or what? Because it should persist.

I will say that you can definitively set it to 100% by installing pamixer and running pamixer --set-volume 100.

it happens when I turn it on, when I restart it, even when I change the quality of YouTube videos. pulse audio does just that when you press the mixer button.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’m not sure I know of the solution to the problem. It seems that similar problems have been reported before but they appear to be fixed. I think you’ll find the issue doesn’t exist in the newer version of Lubuntu.